Commitment matters blog lists the
10 TOP ISSUES FOR CONTRACT & COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT
– should the law department ‘own’ contract management?
– does contract management software serve any useful purpose?
– what’s the difference between a contract manager and a commercial manager?
– can suppliers ever be trusted?
– can Procurement ever behave reasonably?
– is it possible to show an ROI from contract management?
– the only way to get compliance / better business decisions is to force ‘the business’ to get approvals / force them to involve us earlier
– the allocation of risk is the most important thing in contracting so we will always need to spend our time on that issue
– senior management doesn’t understand what we do (implicit in this: “and that is their fault”)
– “it’s impossible to define the role of contract / commercial management – we do so many different things”
Source: Blog Commitment Matters